Friday, November 13, 2009
The Recipe.....a Hodja tale
The Hodja purchased a piece of meat at the market, and on his way home he met a friend.
Seeing the Hodja's purchase, the friend told him an excellent recipe for stew.
"I'll forget it for sure," said the Hodja. "Write it on a piece of paper for me."
The friend obliged him, and the Hodja continued on his way, the piece of meat in one hand and the recipe in the other. He had not walked far when suddenly a large hawk swooped down from the sky, snatched the meat, and flew away with it.
"It will do you no good!" shouted the Hodja after the disappearing hawk. "I still have the recipe!"
Super Simple Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
* 1 (6 pound) bone-in turkey breast
* 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
1. Rinse the turkey breast and pat dry.
2. Cut off any excess skin, but leave the skin covering the breast.
3. Rub onion soup mix all over outside of the turkey and under the skin.
4. Place in a slow cooker. Cover, and cook on High for 1 hour, then set to Low, and cook for 7 hours.